Thursday, December 30, 2010
Then this last fall I got to meet Bella's wonderful family: Tim & Angelique, and big sister Ali (4½). Anabella was born with a rare genetic skin disorder, Epidermolysis Bullosa, and underwent a bone marrow transplant during the summer. Bella died on October 11, at the age of 16 months. I had the privilege of attending her memorial service...her parents and big sister are truly amazing. Bella was a blessing to all during her life and continues to touch people through the legacy she left.
Then just yesterday, while home in Northern California for Christmas break, I was able to visit sweet Elijah's family: his mom, Marie, brother Josiah, 5, and baby sister Haliah, 8 months (Dad Steve was at work and big sister Kayla, 12, was at a sleepover). I have been following Elijah's blog since Marie's pregnancy with him in 2008, and this past year Marie and I have gotten to know each other through facebook and texts. Marie is a wonderful prayer warrior and has blessed me numerous times. And we got to know each other all because of precious Lijah's short life and the impact he has had on so many. It was fantastic getting to meet them and spend the day together yesterday.
Friday, November 05, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
His hand formed you and made you the person you are.
He compares you to no one else - you are one of a kind.
You lack nothing that His grace can't give you.
He has allowed you to be here at this time in history to
Saturday, September 11, 2010
2. Worship music
3. Amazing friends who always support me
4. A great church
5. My car (it is 12 years old and has seriously never broken down or left me stranded)
6. Butterscotch (cat one)
7. Caramel (cat two)
8. My condo
9. Coffee Bean
10. The opportunity to do med school again
11. My Bible
13. Amazing parents
14. Wonderful sisters and brother
15. My digital camera
16. My laptop (even though it's huge it works)
17. My physician mentor
18. My iPod
19. My med school tutor
21. My cell phone
22. Christ's death on the cross for ME!
24. The joy of the Lord
(more to come)
Sunday, September 05, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Yesterday classes officially started. So far so good for the most part. I am feeling a little overwhelmed, but hopefully I'll get a good study routine established.
Thursday, August 05, 2010
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Monday, July 05, 2010
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Breakfast - cereal with milk
Lunch - red licorice
Snack - a few crackers
1st dinner - Chocolate twist and an ice blended mocha from Coffee Bean
2nd dinner - Squash rice (which is really mostly just rice with very little squash in it)
And I wonder why I've gained 5 pounds in the last month or so...
On the brighter side, I did go to power yoga last night and I think I'll go again tomorrow.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Friday, May 14, 2010
Sunday, May 09, 2010
First, my good friend and physician mentor, Amy, had her third baby, William David "Will" on April 29. Her now 20-month-old twins , Grace and Faith, are the sweetest girls ever and are great big sisters to Baby Will.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Friday, April 23, 2010
Friday, April 09, 2010
Friday, March 12, 2010
Saturday, March 06, 2010
I didn't have much time to play
The little games you asked me to,
I didn't have much time for you.
I'd wash your clothes, I'd sew and cook,
But when you'd bring your picture book
And asked me please to share your fun,
I'd say,"A little later, Son."
I'd tuck you in all safe at night
And hear your prayers, turn out the light,
Then tiptoe softly to the door...
I wish I'd stayed a minute more.
For life is short, the years rush past...
A little boy grows up so fast.
No longer is he at your side,
His precious secrets to confide.
The picture books are put away,
There are no longer games to play,
No good-night kiss, no prayers to hear,
That all belongs to yesteryear.
My hands, once busy, now are still.
The days are long and hard to fill.
I wish I could go back and do
The little things you asked me to!
Tuesday, March 02, 2010
2. How do you like your steak? Very well done if I eat it at all.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? New Moon maybe? I don't see a lot of theatre movies.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Grey's Anatomy. Or Bones.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Here (Colton/Loma Linda). I don't like change.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Oatmeal. Plain.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Honestly? American. But I do like Thai, Mexican, and Chinese.
8. What foods do you dislike? Any seafood/fish other than canned tuna and fish sticks
9. Favorite Place to Eat? I'm not sure...I'm always so indecisive.
10. Favorite dressing? Italian or ranch.
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? 1999 Green Ford Escort and I love it.
12. What are your favorite clothes? Jeans and tennis shoes. Although sometimes I do like dressing up.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Canada, Europe, Hawaii
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? The cup usually isn't even half empty...it's completely empty!
15. Where would you want to retire? Here I guess. But I don't really feel like retiring right now.
16. Favorite time of day? Nap time?
17. Where were you born? At Stanford Hospital in Palo Alto, California.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Baseball.
19. Bird watcher? What? No, not except when I was taking a zoology class.
20. Are you a morning person or a night person? Neither.
21. Do you have any pets? Two cats and a fish.
22. What did you want to be when you were little? A mom.
23. What is your best childhood memory? Going fun places with my family and playing with my siblings.
24. Are you a cat or dog person? Cat.
25. Are you married? No.
26. Always wear your seat belt? Yes...me and anyone else who's in my car.
27. Been in a car accident? A few, but none of them were very major or my fault.
28. Any pet peeves? Spelling and grammatical errors. People who smoke.
29. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Cheese.
30. Favorite Flower? Anything pretty.
31. Favorite ice cream? Chocolate Chip
32. Favorite fast food restaurant? Subway
33. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Zero
34. From whom did you get your last email? Petsmart or facebook...
35. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? The idea of maxing out my credit card at any store is not very appealing.
36. Do anything spontaneous lately? I'm really more of a planner.
37. Like your job? Working with autistic kids? Yes, it's challenging but very rewarding. Babysitting? Of course, all I've ever wanted is a baby of my own.
38. Broccoli? Sure, if someone else fixes it for me.
39. What was your favorite vacation? Going to Yosemite with my family
40. Last person you went out to dinner with? The young adult group at my church
41. What are you listening to right now? Marvelous Light by Charlie Hall
42. What is your favorite color? Green
43. How many tattoos do you have? None
Friday, February 12, 2010
This week's photo challenge was "Loving". And what more perfect form of love is there than Christ's death on the cross for us! To participate in this and other Foto Fridays (and see some others' cool representations of "Loving"), check out Rebecca's blog.
Tuesday, February 09, 2010
"For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."
A week ago sweet Emma finished her race and entered the presence of her Heavenly Father. She is whole and perfect and basking in the presence of Jesus Christ. Please pray for her family - while we rejoice for Emma, we grieve for those left behind to miss her.