Sunday, October 02, 2011

Somehow, I thought it would be easier

I always thought that if only I could pass my first round of exams, I could get my confidence back and the rest of med school would be easy. Well, I passed everything (!!!), and while this makes me so happy and excited and relieved and thankful to God, it certainly hasn't made studying any easier. In fact, this past week has been my worst week of studying since school started (and I always thought I had trouble studying the week after exams because I had just failed everything). While I am feeling more confident (I can do this), I am still questioning myself...maybe I can only do the first set of material. The new material is harder, I'm not nearly as familiar with it, Anna isn't here anymore, etc. And I think more than anything, I'm just getting really tired/bored of studying. But I can do this...I just have to repeat what I did for the first quarter, right? :)

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Oh how I wish it was getting easier! I feel the exact same way right now about this! I had a really bad and slow week of studying last week, and it seriously has rattled me with guilt and fear. My confidence is shaken, and I am most certain I can only do worse from here! But the truth is...life is not easy and it won't ever be easy! We are called to do something amazing, we are so blessed to be called to work this hard for our God's purpose and we just have to keep working. When you feel weary run to the Lord, take an hour of and meditate or do bible study. you will be amazed at how it can replenish your energy and efficiency in studying. It may not mean we do better on these next exams, but it is the essence of joy from Christ and being content with life despite the challenges that will get us through this. "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4