Friday, August 11, 2006

Destiny and Stacy

My friend Katie and I were best friends growing up. We were constantly begging our moms to let one of us go to the other's house for the afternoon, where we went roller blading, swimming, played Barbies, and did crafts. We had sleep overs, and invited each other to every birthday party. We were in Awana Bible Club together, sang in the same choir, were on the same sports league. We played endless games of Monopoly, Yahtzee, Missionary Conquest, Uno, and our very favorite, Life. In this game, we added a new twist of our own invention: naming all the people we had in the game. For those who've never played the game, you start with yourself, then get married, and then acquire children throughout the game. For us this was serious business. We carefully selected a first and middle name for each child that was born to us.
Katie married young. She got married a few years ago and now has two absolutely beautiful baby daughters. When she was pregnant with each one I couldn't help but think of our days of playing Life and wonder what names she would choose for her precious babies. Destiny Marie is 2 years old now, and Stacy Jacqueline is 9 months. When I went home about a month ago I was so pleased to be able to hang out with Katie and the girls, they are just adorable. Thanks for being such a great friend!

5 comments:

popuri said...

Hi Laney,
Isn't it great to have best frens? I have a best friend who shares the same name as your best fren, Kate. She's married a yr before me and has a gorgeous 1-yr old son. I lost my baby last year but am hoping for the Lord's restoration this year so that I can share mummy-hood with her.
ps: tks for visiting my blog. I'll come back again, great sharing!

BayouMaMa said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and glad you enjoyed our pictures. It was a fun night. It's always fun when a bunch of silly girls get together...no matter how old they are.

I used to love to play Life, too. My childhood friends and I always hoped we'd have twins! LOL! My son has the newer version of Life and it's changed some...seems like it is a bit more complicated. Real life is complicated enough...they could've left the game alone. Geez!

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

HI Laney. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I can't say I remember getting an email or comment from you and I'm having problems checking my comments. My address is Kristy Riddle, PO Box 16093, City East QLD 4002, Australia. Have I sent you a postcard??? If not then email your address to brightblue_oceaneyes@hotmail.com

Shereen said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog today. I was just curious, do you go to the SDA university in Loma Linda? I think it's called Loma Linda University, not sure. lol

alane said...

Shereen ~ I go to Loma Linda University Medical School, which is SDA (although I am not). It's a wonderful school, and I'm sure the undergrad, LLU, is as well.