Thursday, August 17, 2006

My drive to Santa Barbara

On Saturday I drove to Santa Barbara to visit a really good friend of mine from undergrad. What should have been a less than 2½-hour drive took more than 3½ hours...


And yes, traffic was at such a standstill that it was perfectly safe for me to whip out my digital camera and take a picture of how incredibly slow we were going. It turned out that there was a bad accident further up.
On my way home from SB, another photo-worthy milestone was reached:


My car reached 100,000 miles! I've had it for almost 6 years now, and it was at about 27,000 miles when my dad bought it for me (from Hertz Rental Car, it was a rental car before it was mine), so I guess I've driven about 73,000 miles in the past 6 years. That's 12,167 miles a year, 1014 miles a month, 254 miles a week, 34 miles a day! Yikes, that's a lot of driving now that I actually sit down and figure it out. I should really cut back...34 miles a day...that means I spend an average of half an hour in the car every single day!

1 comment:

BayouMaMa said...

85 mph???

*chuckle*